Website Breakthrough Trust
Breakthrough is looking for an Assistant Manager/Manager – Curriculum Developer who will be a part of the Programme Team. The person will report to the Senior Manager – Curriculum. He/she/they must be creative and enjoy working within an environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community-oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations and will possess strong written and verbal communication and organisational skills.
- Creating curriculum toolkits for all BT projects and external stakeholders on related issues.
- Create curriculum on intersectional rights based issues using instructional design format
- Create, copy-edit and proof-read content for Breakthrough products
- Review the existing products and re-evaluate it according to the needs of the users
- Conduct pilot testing of products in different contexts for user acceptance
- Maintain, and disseminate existing curriculum in Breakthrough, on online platforms and among partners, and networks
- Create products, and tools for the team including interactive games, webinars, online training modules
- Contribute to creating content as required for BT’s learning and capacity building platforms
- Mentoring team members who are facilitators and curriculum developers on these aspects
- Develop a quarterly plan for self and with team and ensure that production and delivery happens accordingly
- Provide progress updates to the leadership team and supervisor regarding the project
- Analyse, write reports, and communicate of the usage of different content created including online content, and process documentation.
- Disseminate publications, information, and process documentation on regular basis internally and externally as needed
- Contributes to a strong and respectful team culture grounded in feminist principles of co-creation and co-leadership. Must have a willingness to learn and
- Post-graduation in Education, Psychology, Gender Studies, Social Studies/Social Sciences or a similar field will be preferred
- At least 5-8 years of experience in the development Experience in teaching/conducting training workshops with adolescents is preferred.
- Skillful in instructional design and different pedagogical approaches
- Able to organise and develop curriculum/toolkit/publications on gender in Hindi as well as English
- Ability to use computer programmes/applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Fluent in Hindi and English (verbal & written)
- Self-starter, team player and quality-oriented
- Proven ability to perform against tight timelines and delivery on time
- Demonstrate commitment to Breakthrough’s values and mission
- Display gender, sexuality, cultural, and caste sensitivity and Aware of instructional theories and follow Bloom’s Taxonomy.
- Strong organisational skills
- Results-oriented, strong team player with outstanding interpersonal and coordination
- Excellent management skills and ability to transfer knowledge to other colleagues
- Ability to work as a member of a team and independently
- The profile requires extensive travel to (but not limited to) Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand,
Breakthrough was founded in 1999 with the mission of using arts and culture to bring human rights issues – especially violence and discrimination against marginalised groups –into mainstream conversation and inspire a critical mass of people to take action for change. Its award-winning music albums and campaigns have won innumerable awards and have stirred unprecedented discussion across India about women’s rights and brought the problem of domestic violence out from behind closed doors. Earlier partnerships with the Ministry of Women and Child Development for dissemination of our media and IEC products ensure that the messaging reached large numbers. This can be seen in the case of our Bell Bajao campaign, which reached 130 million in Phase I and 110 million in Phase II. The support was received pro bono and is estimated to be worth INR 150 million. The Ministry has adopted Breakthrough’s Mission Hazaar campaign on preventing sex selection under its flagship “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” campaign and is disseminating the TV spots, curriculum, and communication guide in 12 Indian languages.
Breakthrough’s current work spans 5 states on transforming gender norms to prevent Violence against Women & Girls and exploring the interlinkages between its various manifestations. Breakthrough makes innovative use of media, arts, and technology, including digital and mobiles, leadership development and community mobilisation to activate a critical mass of people who will deliver the culture change needed to make violence against women and girls unacceptable. Centre to this is a gender equity curriculum, called “Taron Ki Toli” that builds gender-equitable views among adolescents 11-18 years old, in school and in the community. Breakthrough uses leadership development to build capacities of 15-25-year-olds to transform themselves and recruit others to make violence against women and girls unacceptable. It also works in the community with influencers and gatekeepers to shift norms to prevent violence and build values for girls and women. Media and arts infuse all our work and building evidence is a strong focus. Strategic partnerships with governments is key – currently partnering with the Department of Education, Government of Punjab to apply a gender lens to middle school curriculum across government schools. Currently, reaching 573,000 adolescents and their communities to prevent violence against women and promote a culture of human rights, Breakthrough plans to reach 2 million adolescents over the next few years.
The position holder will be expected to work in line with organisational values which are:
DEI Statement: Breakthrough is an equal-opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, colour, caste, religion, creed, gender, age, disability, economic status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child safeguarding.
For this position, we encourage applications from people with diverse gender identities, sexual orientation, sexual behaviour, and sex characteristics/people with intersex variations.
To know more about Breakthrough, please visit – www.inbreakthrough.org
Eligible candidates interested in this position may apply through the following link: https://www.btconnect.org.in/Applicant/CreateJobApplicant
You may also submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter, giving reasons in support of your suitability for the position and mentioning the current/expected salary. Send it by email to email@example.com by or before Dec 20th 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org