Website Breakthrough Trust
Breakthrough is looking to hire an Assistant Manager/Manager – Research to be based in Hazaribagh, Jharkhand. They will work as the key contact person for a study critically evaluating the essence and efficacy of gender transformative education for tribal and marginalized adolescent girls in select areas of Hazaribagh, Jharkhand. Research experience along with a deep interest in gender as well as an organic understanding of Jharkand’s history and socio- economic-political make up is highly recommended.
The person would be responsible for managing and coordinating key research activities including data collection, workshop organisation, documentation and dissemination. They need to be skilled in qualitative research with good documentation and writing abilities along with a sound understanding of research ethics and protocols.
This is a Project based position and co-terminus with project closure by Nov’24.
• Manage field research team; handle day-to-day operational/logistical aspects of the research project; track research project activity timeline
• Conduct a robust mapping of available literature on the research theme
• Ensuring field activities and research processes strictly adhere to timelines
• Coordinate and document communications with diverse stakeholders
• Monitor data flow from sites and manage data collection activities proactively; identify and resolve data discrepancies
• Conduct Data Analysis and Report Writing
• Contribute actively to various Research Dissemination activities (Develop diverse knowledge products, organise dissemination events).
Specific Knowledge, Skill & Experience Required:
- Advanced educational qualification (Post graduation and above) in any stream of the social sciences
- At least 5 years of experience in managing research activities in national and/or international organisations
- Understanding of gender and norms change work
- Understanding of Jharkhand and its socio-economic-cultural dynamics
- Familiarity with digital platforms and data collection methods
- Understanding of research methodologies
- Self-motivated and flexible individual who is able to work independently and as a team with strong interpersonal skills, and who can manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to synthesis information
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities based on emerging needs of the project and on field requirements.
Breakthrough was founded in 1999 with the mission of using arts and culture to bring human rights issues — especially violence and discrimination against marginalised groups — into mainstream conversation and inspire critical mass of people to take action for change. Its award-winning music albums and campaigns have won innumerable awards and have
stirred unprecedented discussion across India about women’s rights and brought the problem of domestic violence out from behind closed doors. Earlier partnerships with the Ministry of Women and Child Development for dissemination of our media and IEC products which ensures that the messaging reaches large numbers as can be seen by the Bell Bajao campaign that reached 130 million in Phase I and 110 million in Phase II. The support was received pro-bono and is estimated to be worth INR 150 million. The Ministry has adopted Breakthrough’s MissionHazaar campaign on preventing sex selection under its flagship “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” campaign and is disseminating the TV spots, curriculum and communication guide in 12 Indian languages.
Breakthrough’s current work spans across 5 states on transforming gender norms to prevent Violence against Women & Girls, and exploring the interlinkages between its various manifestations. Breakthrough makes innovative use of media, arts and technology including digital and mobiles, leadership development and community mobilisation to activate critical mass of people who will deliver the culture change needed to make violence against women and girls unacceptable. Centre to this is a gender equity curriculum, called Taron ki Toli that builds gender equitable views among adolescents 11-18 year olds, in school and in the community. Breakthrough uses leadership development to build capacities of 15-25 year olds to transform themselves and recruit others to make violence against women and girls unacceptable. It also works in the community with influencers and gatekeepers to shift norms to prevent violence and build values for girls and women. Media and arts infuse all our work and building evidence is a strong focus. Strategic partnership with governments are key – currently partnering with the Department of Education, Government of Punjab to apply gender lens to middle school curriculum across government schools. Currently reaching 573,000 adolescents and their communities to prevent violence against women and promote a culture of human rights, Breakthrough plans to reach 2 million adolescents over the next few years.
The position holder will be expected to work in line with organisational values which are:
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, colour, caste, religion, creed, gender, age, disability, economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child safeguarding.
To know more about Breakthrough, please visit – www.inbreakthrough.org
Eligible candidates interested in this position may apply through the following link : https://www.btconnect.org.in/Applicant/CreateJobApplicant
Also, you can submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter, giving reasons in support of the suitability for the position and mentioning the current/expected salary. Send it by email to email@example.com by or before 08th Dec 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org