Website Breakthrough India
Outreach officer is a key post with the Face to Face fundraising team. The post holder will be responsible for helping the Face to Face team with canopy permissions at commercial complexes, corporates, malls and residential apartments for fundraising. The key responsibilities are:
- Initiating and maintaining contact with commercial complexes, corporates, residential apartments and malls initially by phone, LinkedIn and emails, but with the potential to attend meetings and give presentations about BT’s work.
- Ensuring at least 15 days of permissions every month, mostly free of cost.
- Maintaining the relationships with corporate/malls/apartments for further permissions.
- Ensuring timely, accurate and quality MIS reporting for outreach activities, including income and costs.
- Supporting in Territory Planning & Management – including in depth mapping of territories handled in Delhi NCR and out stations for road trips.
- Assisting fundraising team for logistics around fundraising stalls, exhibitions and events.
- Collaborating with Fundraising Communications team to get the collaterals developed which would be used for outreach activities and canopies.
- Maintaining proper code of conduct and informing the fundraising team about the protocols to be followed while working in the corporate/mall with permission.
- Doing recce of the location where permission is obtained.
- Calling, coordinating and guiding Team Change fundraising volunteers for setting fundraising campaigns and driving them to achieve the numbers
- Acquiring new partnerships for Payroll Giving Channel of funds.
Desired Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Graduate in Marketing, post-graduate will be preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in outreach activities or similar profile in marketing.
- Ability to persuade, network and negotiate with stakeholders.
- Good networking and relationship building skills.
- Self-motivated and performance driven.
Breakthrough was founded in 1999; with a mission to make violence and discrimination against women and girls unacceptable. Our work is transformative; focused on changing the norms and culture that perpetuate inequity and violence. Breakthrough does this by building a critical mass of change agents worldwide — the Breakthrough Generation — whose bold collective action will deliver irreversible impact on the issue of our time. We create innovative, relevant multimedia campaigns, tools, and programmes that reach individuals and institutions where they are, inspiring and equipping them to build a world in which all people live with dignity, equality, and justice.
We currently work with over 400,000 adolescents across 5 states of India and help shape the gender attitudes and behaviours of boys and girls at an age when alternative narratives about gender roles and stereotypes can be explored. Breakthrough is now seeking to scale up this programme to more than 1 million adolescents across 5 states over the next 4 years.
Breakthrough reaches over to 10,000 women on factory floors to help them overcome the discrimination and violence they face at work and in their homes. Working to remove the stigma faced by working women, Breakthrough engages families, community members, peers and factory management in ensuring working women are supported and given equal opportunities.
Breakthrough’s first project was Mann ke Manjeeré , an award-winning music album and video compilation that stirred unprecedented discussion across India about women’s rights and brought the problem of domestic violence to the fore. Since then, Breakthrough has built its award-winning campaigns around the notion that “human rights start with you” — with individuals moved to bring the values of dignity, equality, and justice into their homes and personal spheres. Bell Bajao, our iconic campaign on domestic violence was advocated for by Ban ki Moon, the UN Secretary general, has won the prestigious silver lion at Cannes amongst other awards, and was adopted my several countries – Vietnam, China, Pakistan and Canada. Our campaigns have reached more than 400 million people globally and have created important dialogue on issues like domestic violence, sexual harassment, early marriage and gender biased sex selection.
The position holder will be expected to work in line with organisational values which are:
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, caste, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child safeguarding.
To know more about Breakthrough, please visit – www.inbreakthrough.org
Eligible candidates interested in this position may apply through the following link : https://www.btconnect.org.in/Applicant/CreateJobApplicant.
Please also, submit a resume accompanied by a cover letter, giving reasons in support of the suitability for the position, by email to email@example.com by or before 15th February,2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org