Website Breakthrough Trust
Breakthrough is looking for a Senior Manager – Administration who will ensure smooth functioning of all the BT offices (centre and state), manages and monitors office facilities and assigned support services to ensure their effective and efficient operation as well as maintenance. This position will report to the Director – Finance and Operations.
- Provide strategic input in procurement, logistics and administration related issues and work as a bridge between various centers for smooth functioning and implementation of programme.
- Ensure smooth functioning of all the BT offices (center and state), manage and monitor office facilities and assigned support services to ensure their effective and efficient operation as well as maintenance
- Develop inventory control management systems and ensure adherence to the set policies and procedures
- Supervise office administrative requirements – including monthly maintenance and charges, maintenance, floor space management, office supplies and stationery
- Responsible for all office assets, their safety, insurance, tracking movements, regular updates of the asset register and spot check
- Ensure that all office facilities and equipment’s are functional all the time and be in charge of arranging any repairs, replacements & maintenance
- Responsible for development, dissemination and update of all relevant BT policies, procedures, guidelines and systems concerning administration, procurement and logistics
- Work with the programme team to develop procurement plans for new projects
- Ensure procurement procedures and authorization procedures are followed across BT
- Ensure all employees raises purchase orders on time, obtain/review quotes/ terms of reference
- Ensure all contract/ MOU for vendors, contractors and partners including addendums/extensions are prepared on time by the team
- Responsible for all administration and logistical arrangements for meetings, visits, workshops and conferences
- Responsible for all travel arrangements of BT office staff, advisors and consultants, both in-country and international
- Ensure the safety & security of all employees and premises
- Advise state offices on admin matters, as and when required
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation
- Keep abreast with all organizational change.
Specific Knowledge, Skill & Experience Required:
- 7-9 years of relevant experience
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities with attention to details
- Strong networking and negotiations skills
- Accurate with strong attention to detail
Breakthrough was founded in 1999 with the mission of using arts and culture to bring human rights issues – especially violence and discrimination against marginalised groups – into mainstream conversation and inspire critical mass of people to take action for change. Its award-winning music albums and campaigns have won innumerable awards and have stirred unprecedented discussion across India about women’s rights and brought the problem of domestic violence out from behind closed doors. Earlier partnerships with the Ministry of Women and Child Development for dissemination of our media and IEC products ensures that the messaging reaches large numbers as can be seen by the Bell Bajao campaign that reached 130 million in Phase I and 110 million in Phase II. The support was received pro-bono and is estimated to be worth INR 150 million. The Ministry has adopted Breakthrough’s Mission Hazaar campaign on preventing sex selection under its flagship “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” campaign and is disseminating the TV spots, curriculum and communication guide in 12 Indian languages.
Breakthrough’s current work spans across 5 states on transforming gender norms to prevent Violence against Women & Girls, and exploring the interlinkages between its various manifestations. Breakthrough makes innovative use of media, arts and technology including digital and mobiles, leadership development and community mobilisation to activate critical mass of people who will deliver the culture change needed to make violence against women and girls unacceptable. Centre to this is a gender equity curriculum, called Taron ki Toli that builds gender equitable views among adolescents 11-18 year olds, in school and in the community. Breakthrough uses leadership development to build capacities of 15-25 year olds to transform themselves and recruit others to make violence against women and girls unacceptable. It also works in the community with influencers and gatekeepers to shift norms to prevent violence and build values for girls and women. Media and arts infuse all our work and building evidence is a strong focus. Strategic partnership with governments are key – currently partnering with the Department of Education, Government of Punjab to apply gender lens to middle school curriculum across government schools. Currently reaching 573,000 adolescents and their communities to prevent violence against women and promote a culture of human rights, Breakthrough plans to reach 2 million adolescents over the next few years.
The position holder will be expected to work in line with organisational values which are:
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, colour, caste, religion, creed, gender, age, disability, economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child safeguarding.
To know more about Breakthrough, please visit – www.inbreakthrough.org
Eligible candidates interested in this position may apply through the following link : https://www.btconnect.org.in/Applicant/CreateJobApplicant
To apply for this job please visit www.btconnect.org.in.