Website Breakthrough Trust
Breakthrough is looking for a Senior Manager – Programme for our team at Uttar Pradesh. The person will be responsible for overall project management, monitoring and programme strengthening. The position holder will report to the State lead.
The detailed job description is as follows:
Project Management and Planning
- Lead the development and implementation of the Project Plan, as well as annual, half-yearly, and quarterly action plans, ensuring alignment with organisational goals and objectives for the program area.
- Effectively manage risks associated with project implementation, proactively identifying and mitigating potential issues.
- Plan, oversee, and manage the entire project lifecycle to ensure timely completion within the allocated budget.
- Plan and allocate project resources, prepare budgets, and keep stakeholders well-informed about resource requirements and allocations.
- Coordination with other departments internally for smooth roll out of the program.
Monitoring and Reviews:
- Regular visits to the program area to monitor the quality of the program.
- Conduct regular reviews with the team to assess program progress and provide inputs for timely and effective delivery.
- Implement monitoring and evaluation mechanisms to track project performance against established goals and key performance indicators.
- Supervise and support teams in the districts.
- Ensure the implementation of training programs with the highest quality standards and within established timelines.
- Collaborate with relevant teams to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of training initiatives.
- Creating good liaison with the relevant government departments at the state and district level for greater efficacy of the program.
- Developing and being part of civil society networks to further the cause of the adolescents and young adults in tune with the organisation’s objectives.
- Developing regular project reports for various stakeholders to strengthen relationships with government and CSOs.
- Developing program strengthening plans and working in tandem with the national team to implement the same.
Specific Knowledge, Skill & Experience Required:
- 8 to 10 years of experience in project management, with a focus on program implementation and planning
- Possess a graduate/post-graduate degree preferably in social sciences
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Hindi
- Experience in working on Gender, Adolescent and young adult programs
- Experience in liaisoning, networking and collaborating with government departments, civil society organisations and strengthen the program
- Experience in developing effective monitoring and evaluation mechanisms
- Ability to proactively identify and mitigate project risks
- Experience in budget preparation and resource allocation
- Proven track record of successfully leading and managing projects of similar scale and complexity
Breakthrough was founded in 1999 with the mission of using arts and culture to bring human rights issues — especially violence and discrimination against marginalised groups — into mainstream conversation and inspire critical mass of people to take action for change. Its award-winning music albums and campaigns have won innumerable awards and have
stirred unprecedented discussion across India about women’s rights and brought the problem of domestic violence out from behind closed doors. Earlier partnerships with the Ministry of Women and Child Development for dissemination of our media and IEC products which ensures that the messaging reaches large numbers as can be seen by the Bell Bajao campaign that reached 130 million in Phase I and 110 million in Phase II. The support was received pro-bono and is estimated to be worth INR 150 million. The Ministry has adopted Breakthrough’s MissionHazaar campaign on preventing sex selection under its flagship “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” campaign and is disseminating the TV spots, curriculum and communication guide in 12 Indian languages.
Breakthrough’s current work spans across 5 states on transforming gender norms to prevent Violence against Women & Girls, and exploring the interlinkages between its various manifestations. Breakthrough makes innovative use of media, arts and technology including digital and mobiles, leadership development and community mobilisation to activate critical mass of people who will deliver the culture change needed to make violence against women and girls unacceptable. Centre to this is a gender equity curriculum, called Taron ki Toli that builds gender equitable views among adolescents 11-18 year olds, in school and in the community. Breakthrough uses leadership development to build capacities of 15-25 year olds to transform themselves and recruit others to make violence against women and girls unacceptable. It also works in the community with influencers and gatekeepers to shift norms to prevent violence and build values for girls and women. Media and arts infuse all our work and building evidence is a strong focus. Strategic partnership with governments are key – currently partnering with the Department of Education, Government of Punjab to apply gender lens to middle school curriculum across government schools. Currently reaching 573,000 adolescents and their communities to prevent violence against women and promote a culture of human rights, Breakthrough plans to reach 2 million adolescents over the next few years.
The position holder will be expected to work in line with organisational values which are:
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, colour, caste, religion, creed, gender, age, disability, economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child safeguarding.
To know more about Breakthrough, please visit – www.inbreakthrough.org
Eligible candidates interested in this position may apply through the following link: https://inbreakthrough.org/work-with-us/
You can also submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter, giving reasons in support of the suitability for the position and mentioning the current/expected salary. Send it by email to email@example.com by or before 12th March 2024.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org