Website Breakthrough Trust
Breakthrough is looking for a Senior Manager – Program Strengthening who will be a part of the Program Team. The person will be responsible for formulation and implementation of state program strengthening strategy with different stakeholders, networking with government departments for cooperation and collaboration at state level. The person will ensure government permissions (District and State level) for smooth implementation of Breakthrough’s works and on field training and demonstration for capacity building of Haryana team on program strengthening work. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations and will possess strong written, verbal communication and organisational skills. The person will contribute to a strong and respectful team culture grounded in feminist principles of co-creation and co-leadership.
The detailed job role and responsibilities are mentioned below:
Building Breakthrough visibility and ideology
- Promote Breakthrough’s ideology, strategy and programs at state, national and international platforms
- Forge partnerships with other networks and forums for collaborative endeavours as per Breakthrough state strategy
- Promote use of online and media platforms for visibility of Breakthrough work and issues.
- Dissemination of state level data and lessons learnt at various platforms
- Handling publicity of project outcomes.
- Contribute in the formulation and implementation of state program strengthening strategy with different stakeholders.
- Networking with government departments for cooperation and collaboration at state level
- Ensure government permissions (District and State level) for smooth implementation of Breakthrough’s works
- On field training and demonstration for capacity building of Haryana team on program strengthening work.
Coordination with National team
- Smooth coordination with multiple centres of Breakthrough for effective issue based advocacy and strategy
- Conceptualizing and formulating the messaging plan of state in consultation with state and national team
Donor Interface and reporting
- Facilitation and creation of donor interface, review, reporting and visits
- Present Breakthrough’s state strategy and achievements at national review meetings and different forums
Team Building and human resource management
- Ensure the physical welfare, well-being and professional development of Breakthrough Haryana staff in terms of program strengthening works.
- Programme assessment and evaluation and feedback to staff for effective implementation
- Develop and implement staff and task management practices including performance management of the staff
- Efficient and effective use of the organization resources at state level.
- Planning and monitoring of fund allocation and utilization at state level
- Ensuring programme team follows all financial norms and practices.
Specific Knowledge, Skill & Experience Required:
- At least 8 years of experience with Post-graduation in Education, Gender Studies, Social Studies/Social Sciences or a similar field will be preferred;
- Able to develop curriculum/toolkit/publications on gender and sexuality in Hindi as well as English;
- Good understanding of community-based processes, structures, and norms. Experience in working at the community level, and village level with gram panchayats, frontline workers, adolescents, and women’s groups;
- Good understanding of gender, sexuality, intersectionality, and rights-based approach.
Breakthrough was founded in 1999 with the mission of using arts and culture to bring human rights issues – especially violence and discrimination against marginalised groups – into mainstream conversation and inspire a critical mass of people to take action for change. Its award-winning music albums and campaigns have won innumerable awards and have stirred unprecedented discussion across India about women’s rights and brought the problem of domestic violence out from behind closed doors. Earlier partnerships with the Ministry of Women and Child Development for dissemination of our media and IEC products ensure that the messaging reached large numbers. This can be seen in the case of our Bell Bajao campaign, which reached 130 million in Phase I and 110 million in Phase II. The support was received pro bono and is estimated to be worth INR 150 million. The Ministry has adopted Breakthrough’s Mission Hazaar campaign on preventing sex selection under its flagship “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” campaign and is disseminating the TV spots, curriculum, and communication guide in 12 Indian languages.
Breakthrough’s current work spans 5 states on transforming gender norms to prevent Violence against Women & Girls and exploring the interlinkages between its various manifestations. Breakthrough makes innovative use of media, arts, and technology, including digital and mobiles, leadership development and community mobilisation to activate a critical mass of people who will deliver the culture change needed to make violence against women and girls unacceptable. Centre to this is a gender equity curriculum, called “Taron Ki Toli” that builds gender-equitable views among adolescents 11-18 years old, in school and in the community. Breakthrough uses leadership development to build capacities of 15-25-year-olds to transform themselves and recruit others to make violence against women and girls unacceptable. It also works in the community with influencers and gatekeepers to shift norms to prevent violence and build values for girls and women. Media and arts infuse all our work and building evidence is a strong focus. Strategic partnerships with governments is key – currently partnering with the Department of Education, Government of Punjab to apply a gender lens to middle school curriculum across government schools. Currently, reaching 573,000 adolescents and their communities to prevent violence against women and promote a culture of human rights, Breakthrough plans to reach 2 million adolescents over the next few years.
The position holder will be expected to work in line with organisational values which are:
DEI Statement: Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, colour, caste, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child safeguarding.
To know more about Breakthrough, please visit – www.inbreakthrough.org
Eligible candidates interested in this position may apply through the following link: https://www.btconnect.org.in/Applicant/CreateJobApplicant.
You can also submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter, giving reasons supporting the suitability for the position and mentioning the current/expected salary. Send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by or before 20th Dec 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com